name: Ben Wallace #3 wallpaper
Big Ben Wallace
"You couldn't be happier to have a guy like Ben Wallace on your team."
Ben Wallace (born September 10, 1974 in White Hall, Alabama) is especially intimidating with his shotblocking and defending the basket from drives, allowing his teammates to be aggressive on the perimeter, a defensive scheme used extensively by the Pistons. His uncanny defensive timing allows him to defend with great intensity without committing a foul (career average of 2.1 fouls per game). In addition, he is seen also as one of the most reliable contributors, rarely failing to deliver in important games.
Played with teams:
- Washington Wizards (1996-1999
- Orlando Magic (1999-2000);
- Detroit Pistons (2000-2006);
- Wallace signed a four-year, US$ 60 million contract with the Chicago Bulls. His signing was hyped as making the Bulls instant contenders in the Eastern Conference.
- 4-time NBA All-Star: 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006;
- won NBA championship with the Detroit Pistons (2004);
- 4-time NBA Defensive Player of the Year: 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006;
- the only player in NBA history to record 1,000 rebounds, 100 blocks, and 100 steals in 4 consecutive seasons (2001-04);
- the only undrafted player in NBA history to be voted a starter for the NBA All-Star Game;
- member of the 2002 USA Basketball World Championship team.
- “That's the key to our success. Everyone just goes out and plays their role. No one is trying to do it by themselves. Everyone is just relaxed and going through the flow.”
- “Again, it was funny how many problems Shaq had against 6’8”
- “Whether it's rebound, defend, try to play the passing lanes, try to get stops, whatever. Whatever I can do I'll do to help this team win.''